- A scheduler starts a synchronization every x hours, days, weeks, months
- Start a synchronization or backup automatically when e.g. a USB drive has been plugged in
- Synchronize or backup automatically when a file (that shall be backuped or synchronized) has been modified.
- At startup / logon
- When waking up
- At shutdown
- When computer has been idle (not used) for n seconds
- On application exit: When a definable application has been ended, w.g. Word or Thunderbird
When the output of a command line returns a definable string. E.g. when ping 192.168.1.1 returns 'Minimum =' The command line be executed at a definable interval e.g. every 30 seconds, and when the output contains the defined string, the job is started.
- e.g. wait x seconds before starting the job or
- wait when CPU usage is high